1. Registration is now paperless and completed online. You can register at www.kineticdance.org/register. Kinetic Dance does not charge a registration fee ($30) if you enroll in auto-pay. The first month of tuition is paid upon registration to reserve your student(s)’s spot.
2. Parents/guardians are required to complete all registration forms, including any medical concerns and emergency contact information.
3. Tuition is charged on the 1st of each month via debit or credit card. Auto-pay enrollment is required to pay tuition and is completed online during the registration process. If tuition is not received by the 1st of the month, a $15 late fee will be assessed. Please contact the Studio immediately if an issue arises regarding tuition payment or payment plans.
4. To withdraw from a class, notify Kinetic Dance in writing (including email to info@KineticDance.org) no later than the 15th of the month prior to not be charged tuition the following month. Instructors are not authorized to accept requests to withdraw from a class.
5. Tuition, company fees, recital fees, costume fees, dance cards, drop in classes, showcase/recital tickets, camps, intensives, choreography fees, competition fees, master classes, processing fees, registration fees, clothing, uniforms, branded promotional items and any other payments or purchases are non-refundable, regardless of the student’s enrollment status at the Studio.
6. There will be a $35 charge for a check returned by the bank.
7. No food, or drinks (other than water in plastic or metal containers – no glass) are permitted in the dance studios. No water is permitted inside Studio A. Gum is not permitted in the building. Food and drinks are permitted in the waiting areas of the building. We ask that you please clean up after yourself.
8. No proration or refund will be given for missed classes, camps, intensives, competitions or any other event of any kind.
9. Students are encouraged to participate in a makeup class (at no additional charge) if they are absent.
10. No proration or refund will be given for classes that fall on a studio holiday, break or vacation.
11. If the studio is closed for a holiday or break, students may participate in a makeup class at no additional charge.
12. Students must arrive to class on time to complete a proper warmup. Students arriving more than 15 minutes late will be required to watch class without participating to help prevent injury.
13. For safety reasons, after students are dropped off, students are required to remain inside the building until picked up.
14. All students are required to abide by the Studio’s current Dress Code which is posted at the studio and online.
15. All students and parents are required to abide by the Studio’s Code of Conduct which is posted at the studio and online.
16. Only Kinetic Dance staff and students are permitted inside the studios during class time. If you child’s unique circumstances require an accommodation, please advise the front desk and your instructor.
17. Kinetic Dance, LLC and its staff are not responsible for any lost or damaged personal property within the facility, in the parking lot, competitions, recitals, showcases or other events at other locations. Please leave any valuable items at home.
18. Kinetic Dance uses photographic and video images of students and visitors for marketing, publicity and advertising purposes. No personally identifiable information will be released in conjunction with the images. Kinetic Dance, LLC is authorized for use of those images without pay or other compensation. All representations of the images constitute Kinetic Dance, LLC property, solely and completely.
19. Enrollment or continued enrollment is at the discretion of Kinetic Dance which may terminate a student’s enrollment in any or all classes or other activities at its sole discretion. Should a student’s enrollment be terminated by Kinetic Dance, the prorated amount of tuition will be refunded if the account balance is current.
AUTHORIZATION TO CONSENT TO EMERGENCY TREATMENT OF A MINOR:
By checking the “I Agree” checkbox below, I authorize Kinetic Dance, LLC to contact the Emergency Contacts I have designated in case of emergency, illness or accident.
RELEASE FROM LIABILITY:
Kinetic Dance takes every precaution to ensure your child’s (children’s’) safety. Kinetic Dance is committed to teaching safe technique to promote injury free dance. Yet, as dance is a physical activity, injuries may occur. Kinetic Dance, LLC and its staff are not responsible for injuries occurring before, during or after class. Each student may decline to participate in any activity which they deem to be potentially harmful and the student or parent/guardian must inform the instructor in advance of class of any physical limitations that may prevent full participation in class.
By checking the “I Agree” checkbox below, I hereby declare that I have provided and will continue to provide adequate and complete health insurance coverage to protect my child in case of injury or accident. Such insurance includes coverage for any and all activities in which my child will participate with Kinetic Dance, LLC.
By checking the “I Agree” checkbox below, I acknowledge that I understand and agree that Kinetic Dance, LLC does not assume any financial responsibility for any medical or dental assistance or care my child may require. I am aware that dance programs are to be considered strenuous physical activities. Therefore, I have received the consent of a physician for myself or for my child to participate in this program.
By checking the “I Agree” checkbox below, I, the parent or guardian of a minor or minors, do hereby authorize Kinetic Dance, LLC, as my agent in my absence, consent to x-ray examination, anesthetic, dental care, medical or surgical diagnosis or treatment, and/or hospital care which is deemed advisable by, and is to be rendered under the general or specific supervision and upon the advice of any licensed dentist, physician or surgeon whether such diagnosis or treatment is rendered at the office of said physician or at the duly licensed medical facility. It is understood this authorization is given in advance of any specific diagnosis, treatment or hospital care required, but is given to provide authority and power on the part of Kinetic Dance and its employees to give specific care which the aforementioned physician in the exercise of best judgment may deem advisable. This authorization is given pursuant to the provisions of section 25.8 of the Civil Code of California. The authorization shall remain in effect for as long as a student participates in classes and other Studio activities.
All students must follow the dress code. This allows the the instructors to provide appropriate feedback to each student. Executing movement safely and correctly is our highest priority.
Respect each dance studio as sacred space where learning will take place. In doing so we ask that all students wait outside the dance room until their instructor invites them in for class.
Bullying, gossiping, and putting others down is not tolerated. Behavior of this nature may result in expulsion from Kinetic Dance.
Students who are more than 15 minutes late to class will be asked to sit and observe
All students should strive to be kind, honest, and polite. They can achieve this through respecting their teachers and fellow dancers.
Use of foul language will not be tolerated. That being said, all dancers, parents, and teachers are asked to please be respectful and use clean language at Kinetic Dance.
Maintain an open mind and allow each dance instructor to help you improve. All of our instructors have great knowledge and experience. The team of instructors at Kinetic Dance wants to see each student reach his or her highest potential. Constructive criticism and feedback is not intended to offend or embarrass anyone – it’s purpose is to enable improvement to happen.
No talking during class. We love it when great friendships form in the dance studio. However, We ask that you respect your teacher and fellow dancers by saving your conversation for the lobby so that everyone can learn.
No gum in the studios or lobby.
Please Note: There are typically multiple types of shoes allowed in class, however, for the showcase dancers may be required to have only one type of shoe.
Hair must be pulled out of face in a ponytail or bun. Ballet classes require a bun.
Knee pads are required for Contemporary dance. Excellent ones can be found at theeastwestcompany.com
A leotard of any color must be worn underneath dance attire in every type of class for girls (except hip hop and preschool). Absolutely no bare midriffs, no exceptions.
Preschool – comfortable athletic clothing that is easy to move in. Bare feet.
Lyrical & Contemporary – leotard, shorts, pants, form fitting t-shirt or tank top. foot-undeez, bare feet, or split sole jazz shoes are permissible. Knee pads are required for contemporary. Showcase will require tan split sole jazz shoes for lyrical, and bare feet for contemporary.
Ballet – Leotard, tights or leggings. Ballet shoes, pink, preferably split sole. Showcase will require pink split sole ballet shoes.
Butterfly Ballet – Same as ballet, however, dancers can wear regular pink ballet shoes, split sole is not required.
Jazz – Leotard, any type of form fitting athletic pant, tank top or form fitting t-shirt. Black or tan jazz shoes, foot-undeez. Showcase will require tan split sole.
Acrobatics – Leotard, form fitting athletic pants, tank top or form fitting t-shirt. Bare feet.
Hip-Hop – Comfortable athletic clothing, clean athletic shoes.